Swallowtail and Coneflower

Description: They say the best camera is the one on you. Unloading groceries from the trunk and saw a couple of swallowtails on the coneflowers. All I had was my old I-phone, but I think it did a fairly good job. Posted two as I couldn’t decide which I liked best.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any. Don’t usually take these types of shots, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I-Phone 5SE; 1/440 at f2.2; ISO 25; 29 mm equivalent

Allen, that is so true, the camera you have on you when something poses is the best one. I think it did a fine job for a cell phone camera. I like both shots, but I am leaning more towards the second one, I think.

1 Like

Wonderful result for any camera, with nice detail and color! The soft light was your friend. I really like both. I’d consider a gradient burn from the UL of the first one.

1 Like

These are great, Allen. Cell phone cameras have come so far, and often render darn good images. These two shots confirm that.

1 Like

Hi Allen, nice shots for a phone camera showing the colors well of both the butterfly and flowers. I’m glad you didn’t oversaturate the images. I like the spread wings as well.

1 Like