Swamp Maple in Fog

The Autumn 2020 photo project - 9/25/20 Sudbury River MA.

Due to Covid cancelling all of my traveling photo trips this year, I decided to compensate for it by going all out on shooting autumn locally in New England this year. I have decided to post my autumn images in chronological order, earliest to latest, as part of what I call my Autumn 2020 Photo Project.

I posted an image of this Swamp Maple previously, but I felt this looser composition does a better job of showing the heavy fog that enveloped the scene. Swamp Maples are the first trees to turn, and I loved the contrast between the orange leaves and the coolness of the fog on the river.

How does everyone feel about the color saturation of the leaves, is it Goldilocks or not ?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D MkIV, Canon 70-200mm f4 lens, at 200mm, ISO 400, 1/8 sec at f13

2 Likes

Ed, goldilocks I don’t see . It shows me the simple beauty and silence one can experience almost only a bit deeper in a forest. In this busy, noisy world I am happy with my landscape preference in photography. And images made like this one.

Ed, it’s a good combo of orange leaves and fog. Peaceful and inviting.l

This is very nice Ed. I like the shape and color of the tree and the fog not only creates separation with the background but it adds some nice mood and helps the color pop all the more. Nicely done!

As a side note before COVID-19 hit you had persuaded me to explore New England fall color. Maybe next year!

Thank you for your comments Brian, I’m glad that you enjoyed the image.