Sweet Alyssum (?)

Description: Sweet Alyssum (?) in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, on July 6, 2021, at 3:39 p.m.

Specific Feedback Requested: No specific feedback requested.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D Mark II, Tamron 90mm macro, 1/125 @ f/8, ISO 100

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Barbara, this is a nice mass of flowers. Getting the green surroundings helps the flowers stand out nicely. The subtle variety in flower colors works well. A bit of burning-in of the brighter, partial blooms along the top edge would help keep focus in the center.

1 Like

I’ve been to Blowing Rock, on our way back from a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains several years aga. A very nice little town indeed, and loved the name so much I bought a fridge magnet. This is a very nice view of the Sweet Alyssum and all the varied color tones they are known for. You don’t mention what your settings were, but I’ve found that moving back a little then zooming in with a small f number helps to separate your focus area from the others flowers. Very pleasing capture of these dainty flowers.