Sweet Dreams

I imagine that one of the things a Canada Goose would dream about would be migrating with their friends and family! This is my first ever attempt at combining 2 of my photos together. My first composite!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Took a migration image and an image of a sleeping goose and combined them. Added a vignette to add to the dream like feeling of it.

apani.hill

Very interesting image, Vanessa. You’ve got to do this again with a geese V formation as the dream image. The soft black and white looks very appropriate.

1 Like

Thanks @Stephen_Stanton I’ll have to try that! I have tons of images to work with. I just thought it looked better spread across the top, but I’ll have to see what I can do with positioning a v shape! Thanks for looking and your feedback!

What a fantastic idea, Vanessa. I love the combination. And B&W works quite well. More of these please!

1 Like

Thanks @David_Bostock for looking and your kind words! I just did a different composite today, and now with your encouragement, I will post it! :slight_smile:

Very interesting concept here Vanessa. I think you’re onto something. And black-and-white was a good choice. I don’t know about your area but in my area, Canada geese are a major nuisance. My lawn is well fertilized every spring by nearly 50 geese feeding on the grass.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa, I like the dreamy concept and execution here. I think you did quite well. Displaying as a black and white is a nice touch. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad you like it! Actually @David_Schoen they only come through during migration, they don’t seem to stay for long. But it’s really cool when they do! They came back in March and April by the thousands, it was awesome! I’m not sure if they come through in the Autumn or if they take another route. I know what you mean about them making a mess, I’ve lived in parts of the country where they’re around almost all year and the parks belong to them! :sweat_smile:

Thanks so much @Allen_Sparks , I know it’s kind of different from what the norm is but I’m glad you like the idea!

A nice idea, Vanessa - you can make a series, with bears, fish, moths, you name it!

1 Like

Yeah, @Mike_Friel! That would be fun!

A very creative image. Well done. Black and white seems like a good choice for this type of image. Are you still in the Willamette Valley?

1 Like

Hi @Allen_Brooks! Thanks for your looking and your comments! Yes, I am still in the Willamette Valley. But the goose lying down is from NY and the flying geese are from last March in the Willamette Valley!

I like your creative effort, Vanessa! Cool idea. I wasn’t at first sure what I was seeing. So this made me look hard. Yes, it is very dreamy.

1 Like

Ha! @Mark_Muller thanks for liking my effort! I know I have a way to go! :sweat_smile: