Tempest & Tranquility + Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The sky is alive with a restless energy, clouds racing across it as if chasing the horizon. Below this dynamic display, the earth presents a contrasting calm. The exposed roots appear almost meditative in their stillness, intricate and unmoving, offering a grounding presence. It’s as if the landscape itself is a study in balance: the spirited skies reminding us of life’s ebbs and flows, and the serene roots holding steadfast amidst it all.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

15 mm at ISO 1000 and 1⁄500sec at ƒ/10

Love that sky! Those feathery cirrus clouds are spectacular. It does seem as if the foreground is a little busy in that it tries to compete with the sky for my attention. A more simple foreground might have worked a bit better.

Thanks Paul, appreciate the feedback! :pray:

Don,
I love the rich B&W tones and the way those clouds fan out across the sky. I also enjoy your narratives accompanying your images. My only suggestion; just my personal preference; would be to lighten the dark area toward the LLC ever so slightly and to clone out the little clump of grasses sticking up. Beautiful light BTW.

1 Like

Thanks Ed, have taken care of the two issues you pointed out, thanks for making me aware of them! :pray:

1 Like

That nailed it for me Don!