Tent

My first stab at abstract.
I guess this qualifies as an abstract because it may not be “easily” identified?
If anyone is interested, I will post the original image that shows what it looked like before cropping and treatments.

Specific Feedback Requested

I’m interested in what this image reminds you of (if anything), or anything really.

Technical Details

a7r iv, 70-210 manual macro lens, 210mm, ISO 1600, f16, 1/400s, Lr & Ps for several basic adjustments, noise removal & light sharpening (no cloning & not a composite).

Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lovely image Mervin. It looks like the underside of a daisy or other flower. I like the pink petals spreading out from the umbrella of what looks like the stem. I don’t really have a “critique”, just sharing my thoughts.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts, Roberta

It is the underside of a Cosmos flower.
I just liked the way the light was coming through the petals creating the light and dark patterns in the overlapped areas.
To me, it sort of looked like a cartoon style big top circus tent at the peak with the stem as the main support pole (from the inside looking up), yeah, silly, I know, but I used to watch a lot of cartoons while taking care of my grandkids :slight_smile:

Glad you liked it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I call “Stunning Simplicity”. Well done!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @J_Fritz_Rumpf! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OUTSTANDING !!! This is a beautiful photograph !!!

1 Like

Missed this one the first time around. Wow - quite stunning, Merv! I can see it’s the backside of a flower, but it’s more than that. An alien spaceship? Light show at a concert? Very cool!

1 Like

Not sure how in the world I missed this one back in December. Stunning abstract Merv! I love the light in the petals and colors.

1 Like

I missed this one too! Glad I found it now! Although my common sense (what there is of it) tells me it is probably the underside of a flower, my visual system insists that I am looking down at it from the front. Very nice case of messing with the viewer’s mind!! And an excellent almost-symmetry to keep me looking. No nits!

1 Like

Wow! Thanks, @Gill_Vanderlip, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Alfredo_Mora and @Diane_Miller!!

Yeah, it’s easy to miss images around here sometimes, especially when they roll in faster than we can view them. And of course we all enjoy taking our time to insure we provide heart felt responses.

Your comments have inspired me to revisit this type of photography. :smiley:

Thank you all for your comments and inspiration! :slight_smile:

I missed this one too but I wanted to say that the light in this image is spectacular and that this is a very cool shot!

Thank you so much, Tom for taking the time to comment and for the inspiration! :slight_smile:

Very much appreciated!

A beautiful image, Merv. I really like all the radial symmetry and the subtle tones. As to your question-it looks like a flower to me-but definitely abstract.

Everything’s been said but I think this is a very good one. To me, the petals appear to be converging on the center while the dark area appears to be erupting outward. That makes the image more dynamic than it otherwise might be.