Texas sunset

Nice sunset the other night. I am very new and inexperienced. Just got a Sony A7 III. Any help appreciated.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

ANY HELP

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Any pertinent technical details:

Sony A7 III. Kit lens 28-70. F 5.6. ISO 250. 1/50.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Tom,

Welcome to NPN! First thing to say is what an entrance and first post! I have nothing to be critical of or suggest. The colors are quite natural and beautiful. Compositionally I think you made a great choice because this is all about the sunset sky. You’ve included enough of the landscape to anchor the scene; clearly nothing happening in the grassland, so your choice of what to include was just right.

So you say you’re inexperienced? I would challenge that… :smile::sunglasses: A terrific first post. Welcome aboard.

Lon

Welcome! This is a great photo. The light is fabulous, and your eye in choosing the composition is perfect.

Welcome to NPN Tom !!! This is a pretty nice first post, you sure had a killer sunset. I agree with Lon, your composition makes the most of what to you had to work with. I like how you placed a section of blue sky to the right, IMO that’s a more effective composition than including all pink clouds, the blue helps to define the clouds. You have been able to retain good detail in your land and sky, so that looks good. My only nit is that you have a large dust bunny in the sky to clone away, it’s about 20% of the way from the left edge, and about 40% of the way from the bottom edge.

Welcome aboard, Tom. A very excellent first post. That is quite a sky and you have captured it quite well. No nits here, really nice!

Excellent way to jump in Tom; that’s a beautiful sky and your image really emphasizes that. Darn that @Ed_McGuirk, I didn’t catch that at first, but am fixated now that he mentioned it so I’d touch that up.

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes I had a speck of dust on my sensor. Got it cleaned off now. I’m learning everyday. Thanks again!