Thanksgiving Rose

This time of the year I enjoy buying fresh flowers from a store and bringing them home to photograph. This beauty happened to be from a bouquet on our dining room table and I love capturing rose closeups to highlight the swirling nature of their petals. I chose to omit the outer edges on purpose because I liked this framing.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback and comments are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Fujifilm X-H2, XF 16-80, 120 mm (35mm equiv.), afternoon light from a skylight, tripod, ISO 640, f/11, 0.7 sec. Decreased the midtones in post to bring out the red more.

The color is beautiful! I can feel the softness of the petals. wondering if you thought about trying one edit in post to lessen the white background? just an idea

Lovely capture with very pleasing color! I’m wondering about also cropping from the left – the green pulls my eye and the OOF petal there might be cut into similar to the top and bottom. Then maybe a balancing crop from the right but not into the petals. Maybe remove what looks like a chair? Would be easy to get a good selection of the flower.

Thank you @Julie_Steelman and @Diane_Miller for your very helpful comments. I’m going to see what I can do about the cropping and light areas.