The big and the small enjoying the sun

Just in the park next-door

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is very welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is very welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

F5.6 1/60 iso100 70-200 lens at 150mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ben,
You seem to always find trees with wonderful character and this one is no exception. I love the way that one branch is gracefully reaching out to the pond as if calling out to it. The lighting is gorgeous and the single duck makes a wonderful element under the tree. My only suggestion would be to tone down the cat tails under the tree limb just a little as they catch my eye. Hopefully you do not mind, but here is a repost with what I was thinking. Either way this is beautiful.

1 Like

I like the composition because it is one most everyone would pass up. The only thing I might change is to pull a little more detail out of the tree trunk. It is a very peaceful scene and I think that is why it works for me.

Ben, this is a restful inviting scene, nice work showing the beauty of our everyday surroundings. I like how the mix of bright spring greens and golden reeds set off the dark massiveness of the tree. The duck at the tree’s base is a fine small surprise.

The dark NPN background works wonderfully here. The image seems to leap out of the darkness. I like how the branches go down and the reeds come up to meet them. My only wish would be for a greater DOF to at least include all of the close reeds.

I agree another wonderful find for a tree with character. I like how the darker row of cattails in the background makes the backlit foliage of the tree pop a little better. The colors in your processing are right on the money, and create a very warm and inviting mood. I did not notice the duck beneath the tree until I looked at the larger version, but the duck adds an interesting secondary element to the overall story. Nice seeing on your part to find this composition.

@Ed_Lowe. @Igor_Doncov, @Ed_McGuirk, @Mark_Seaver, @Richard_Teller.Thank you all again for your comments and suggestions, And Ed Lowe,for your remake.I myself didn’t see the duck while making the image. But it was for me a great bonus because it gives so much extra.