Neighbourhood image

Exploring my neighbourhood

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested: All feedback is more then welcome as always

Pertinent technical details or techniques: F16, iso64, +0,67, 72-200 at 200mm, D850,

Is this a composite?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wonderful image . I would remove the ducks I think.

Leave the ducks but give them a little more room to swim around. I’d try content aware to add canvas on the right. Lovely scene.

Lovely quiet mood Ben. Love the soft feel of the scene. I like the angle of the foreground limbs, along with the titled angle of the larger tree in the background. pulling my eye towards center screen. The ducks aren’t problematic to me, but the people on the upper left side catch my eyes a bit. Very nicely seen and captured Ben.

Such a quiet and gentle mood in this image Ben, it has a very delicate feeling. The fog creates a lovely mood, and I like the graceful way the tree limbs are draped on the right side. Regarding the ducks, I would be okay with them if they weren’t so soft from subject movement / long exposure, but since they are soft I would recommend cloning them away.

You have a lovely neighborhood. I think I’d get rid of the ducks because they are rather prominent (being some of the darkest things in the frame), but slightly OOF. The people are noticeable, but they fade into the fog. I also might desaturate the yellows of the grasses on the left, just a bit. Those branches with the golden leaves gracefully draping across the scene are wonderful.

@Ed_McGuirk, @Igor_Doncov, @linda_mellor, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Patricia_Brundage, Thank you all for your comments on this image.They are all different . And that makes photography so interesting to me.
I named it “neighbourhood image”, because there are always ducks in the canal ("sloot "in dutch) and people letting out there dogs in the street. They belong there. Therefore I let them stay. I also have the feeling that they gave some balance in the image.
I did try a rework with the help of your comments . It makes a different image but also nice.
I removed the ducks. Desaturated the yellow bushes a bit.Gave the whole image a bit Orton effect except the yellow bushes.
I like to hear from you all what you find of this rework.

I do like how you’ve reworked this image Ben, but based on your thoughts about the neighborhood park. . . . and seeing this photo from your point of view, I would agree, the duck need to be there to complete and compliment the scene (the people too). Lovely photo, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Ben, the foggy, quiet mood here is great. I like how you’ve used the branches and the ducks on the right to balance the clump of grass/reeds and the humans. The ducks add an extra element of peacefulness.

1 Like

@Mark_Seaver. Thank you,Mark. In the comments I received is it clear to me that there is no really good or less in composition. There is more personal feeling. I am glad you like my first image.
I am with David Wallace in a reply to the latest image of Ed Mc Guirk. About being and learning on NPN.
This id what he writes.:
Thank you for the follow up. Part of the reason I like being here at NPN is that there is explanation to go along with the images, even if it isn’t a critique, there is something to pick up from what others are seeing/thinking. I don’t get that anywhere else! It is interesting to see how two different choices can both be effective but as the photographer you have to think about what you want to create with each image. Good stuff!

1 Like