The beauty of duckweed in a colorful environment

What technical feedback would you like if any? All is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D810, F8.0, iso400, lens 16-35 at 35mm,

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I really like this @Ben_van_der_Sande. The green canal and other colors really go well together in this comp.

One slight suggestion, I’d bring out a little more contrast by accentuating that awesome light in the right.

Once again, great shot!

Nicely composed, Ben, and the colours brought out beautifully. The flatness of the mossy green brook is a lovely foil for the richness of detail in the flora. Gentle mood to this which I like a lot.

1 Like

A very nice comment, Ian, thank you !!

A good suggestion, Josh. Thank you. Those small things make the image !

1 Like

This is a really interesting scene Ben! I like the soft light, and the vibrant colors throughout. The water sure draws my eye into the scene. I do wish that there was a bit more image on the left side of the frame. That tree is very close to the edge, and my eye is getting pulled to that area. Perhaps there was something just out of view that would have been a distracting element though. In any case, I really enjoy this photo and that wonderful quality of light.