A Winter Pond

What technical feedback would you like if any?

There were power lines above this small winter pond and their blurry reflection showed in the water. I dodged the darker reflections as best I could. Is that obvious - can you tell where they were?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything critique is welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D5600, 55-300mm @ 210mm, f/16, 1/400s, ISO 1000.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This has a nice modern art look to it. I would darken the green sprout to almost complete dark because it does draw the eye. I really like that the raindrops distort the lines of the reeds. I feel that it adds a layer of complexity and makes you look longer at the image.

Bonnie,

Wonderful! Beautifully seen and captured. I’ll echo what Igor said both about that single bright green sprouty thing (minor tho) and also the impact of the rain drops - very cool.

Never, ever would have guess anything other than the plant reflecting in the water - so no, I can’t tell anything. The combo of the exposed rock and the reflection is like combining and abstract ( the modern art aspect Igor mentions) with a touch of reality, the rock and raindrops. Together they make for a wonderful image.

Lon

Thanks, @Igor_Doncov and @Lon_Overacker. I’ll revisit the little green shoot - I actually made that lighter because I liked the pop of green. I’m glad you couldn’t tell there were power line shadows, although once I posted this, I saw some more dark spots to edit.