The Door That Needs No Key

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An old cabin rests, quiet among stooping trees. The ground holds stories, lush and green. A mossy path leads to a door with no need for a lock.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

16 mm at ISO 1000 and 1⁄60sec at ƒ/10

Interesting you used the word stories in your description, as my first thought was this is a story in a photograph; the imagination can run wild. It’s very busy, but in the end I think it works Saundie. I prefer the BW.

1 Like

Thanks, John. Your thoughts hit the nail on the head about the scene being full of stories and quite busy. Shooting it, I did think it was a bit too much going on, but it felt right in the moment. Glad I went with it. I also lean towards the black and white version. It just cuts down on the fuss a little bit.

1 Like

I keep coming back to this image Saundie. It is busy, but I think that adds to the mystery and excitement a young lad would feel in approaching this adventure. It feels like a combination between Swiss Family Robinson and Huck Finn to me. The B&W could be a great book cover.

Thanks Ed, I have to say that’s exactly what it felt like being there! Nicely described! :+1: