The Ghost

Folks,

Not very sure if this fits in the macro or wildlife.

Not too may crabs this season, The tropical cyclone seasons are stilll on, and very few being on the sand. the seas are still violent. I waited some 20 minutes for this ghost to feel comfortable with my presence.

The shell in the foreground …well i could not really avoid it…
6D2, 180 Tamron, ISO800, F9, 1/1600

Balan, I am sure either, if this should be in macro/close-up, or the wildlife, so unless someone else deems that it belongs in wildlife we will leave it here as a close-up. I love that you are right down on eye level with this little crab. Wonderful DOF. That white shell to me is okay, it is part of the beach and would look natural. I am wishing that the sand or maybe it is a shell out of focus, that is in front of the shell wasn’t there. I don’t know if it can be cloned out or not. The background is really smooth, and complimentary to the crab. Maybe some of the photographers that are good at content aware, etc., may have some good advice. Such a good shot, and you invested 20 minutes on your belly trying to get this shot, it would be nice if there was a way to remove the one distraction.

Hi Balan,

The macro category is a good spot for most invertebrates. I like the pose with the stalked eyes sticking straight up. The comp is nice and you could try a tighter crop if so desired. I like this photo as presented…Jim

I have no problems with the shells. They are part of the environment. Love the focus. Maybe crop water from top. Nice shot.

To me this is wildlife, but it doesn’t really matter which category it is in, it’s a gorgeous shot! I don’t mind the shells in the slightest, those are maybe the things the crab is looking so inquisitively at :slight_smile:

Grt, Ingrid.

Must see the large image to fully appreciate its story and presentation. My view… leave the shell in and take the closest shell/seaweed out. Regardless, an awe inspiring image.

Balan, your low view here works wonderfully, especially as it shows that bit of sky along the top. Getting both the crab and the shell sharp. The oof shell fits as part of the story. Nice job waiting for the crab.

Balan: Pretty darn good as is. I do like the shell although I would be OK with making the seaweed go away and would crop the blue strip of shore/sky on the top. >=))>

Thanks Mark …it’s the sea at the top of the frame.

Great image and great work capturing it level with its eye. I also love the eye to eye perspective. Agree with others on removing seaweed and leaving the shell in place. The enlarged view shows great details on the crab. Eyes are almost other worldly.