Eye Sight

Got an opportunity to make images of the horned ghost crabs. It took me quite a while for them to get accustomed to my presence, while I waited motionless at the crab hole.

6DII, Tamron 180, F13, 800 ISO,

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom
2 Likes

Balan, this is an excellent look at this crab. I too have sat quietly (hiding behind my tripod) waiting for crabs to venture out. It’s both peaceful and challenging as well as delightful when the crabs finally get back to “normal” and start scurrying around. The eye stalks standing up straight are a treat here.

So cool. I have since moved away from the ocean, but I wish I’d taken more time to do this kind of thing when I lived there. Crabs are fascinating and this is a terrific shot. Great details. It shows how they live quite well. I can just feel that sand in my fingers.

Balan, what a fine look at this little guy. The low position, down at “eye level” really makes this shot. Excellent eye contact as well. I love the position he posed for you. It was worth the wait, I would say. Great shot!

Balan: From my first cursory look at the thumbnail I thought this was yours but a spider instead of a crab. Terrific POV and superb comp and DOF management. Many kudos. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Great colours and I love those eyes! Is he missing half his pincer, or is that the way he was designed?Either way, another superb shot!