8 Eyes

I had continued the shoots with the Green Lynx Spiders. Getting even closer, or may be changing the perspectives. Its only now that I realized where its eight eyes are placed.
I had used an umbrella to reflect a touch of light from the top.

6DII, 70-200 F4L, 24mm Ext, 250 Raynox

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom
2 Likes

Balan, this is a really nice, in the face look at this Green Lynx. I love the angle in which you shot this one too. They are quite the predictor here in North Carolina. I have seen them with our precious bees more than once. I guess those eight eyes gives him the advantage to see his prey well. I’m not sure what is causing the dark corner in the upper right, but I think maybe cropping it out might improve the image. That or do a vignette that would darken all corners just a bit, and then that wouldn’t be noticeable. Still a great shot as presented.

Great shot of this little beauty, Balan. The clarity and colors are spectacular. Do you use focus stacking in your shots? You remind me to get out my macro gear as insects are emerging here too.
Thanks for sharing.
Wayne

Thanks so much for your kind words Shirley. The right top is the vignetting that came through because of the combination of lens, extn and raynox. I need to crop it a little yes., Thanks again.

1 Like

John, Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation. I am not a great fan of focus stacking( lol i dont know how to do it properly). Also, to focus stack a subject that not stable is of great challenge, and also the slightest breeze can move this subject off focus, at this level of magnification.

Balan Vinod

1 Like

Balan, another fine look at this fascinating looking spider. In this view, what strikes me is how well the legs blend in with it’s perch, while the red and green bits don’t make decent camouflage… I ran into vignetting yesterday when I used my 180 with 36mm extension on my full frame (5D3) camera.

Nice macro, Balan. It took me a while to see the smallest eyes at the bottom!

Balan: Glad my patients only have two eyes; this guy would be a bear to examine! Fabulous details and precise focus where it should be. Great find and an equally great capture. >=))>