The Green Lynx

Think its the season for the Green Lynx spider. This is a small species of spiders., but with beautiful legs :wink:
Got one in backlight, that kind of showed off the legs and spikes.

6DII, 70 200 F4L, 24MM ext, 250 Raynox, ISO 800, F10, 1/160,

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

@balanvinoddotcom
1 Like

Lynx spiders are so great…I’ve never seen one IRL so this image is a treat. You’re showing the coloring camouflage really to advantage here. Great focus on the eyes and some of those lovely spikes. I especially love the rear leg delicately resting on the flower petal. The bg shows it off great. Well done. BTW, how large is it IRL?

Balan, we have these here in NC too. I don’t like them too well, as they catch some of my bees. You sure have a nice POV, with the back lighting to show him off well. On my monitor, it feels like the greens are a bit too bright green. Could be my old eyes too. :grinning: A nice look at his face and eyes.

Balan, that’s a great backlit pose with all the legs: I especially like the leg on the petal - and the eyes. This one must be very small, but it’s so colorful. I just bought the 250 Raynox, so must try it out soon. Splendid shot.

Balan: Terrific capture. I like your POF/DOF choice and the lighting especially. Top notch image. >=))>

Wow! I’ve never heard of, or seen this before. It kind of reminds me of an aphid, but this is way more beautiful I think! I love it’s translucence that you really captured with the backlighting. Fantastic image!

Balan, this is a great look at this spider. It’s colors are amazing and they fit so well with it’s environment. The spikes are excellent!

Kristen…many thanks for your comment and glad that you like the image. The green lynx spiders details are in this wiki link… they are about 22 mm approx

Balan Vinod

1 Like

Very well done, beautiful colors, I love the semi transparency of the spiderlegs