Green Huntsman

Am seeing this and photographing it for the first time. A venemous? spider I guess. They hunt during the night and are hidden under the leaves during the day.
The all green shades made it difficult to get the contrast.

6DII, 70-200 F4L, Extn Raynox F29, Flash with Diffuser and Additional led lights.

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feed back is welcome

Technical Details

3 Likes

Other than the reflections of your lighting rig in the eyes and jaws, this is breathtaking. I love all the symmetry and the bits of rusty colored hairs etc. Great contrast against all that green. Great job!

Wow, that is in his face, Balan. I hope he isn’t venomous because it looks like you were very close to him. He sure has his eye on you. I agree with @Kris_Smith about the odd reflection of your lighting, other than that, a really great shot. I have worked with several different setups of diffusers on my KS-800 twin flash but I think I have finally got it. I was having trouble with the reflections of the diffuser and lighting in the eyes of the jumping spiders, which I love to shoot. Some of these little guys are more reflective than others. I love how you are right down eye level with this guy.

1 Like

Thanks Kristen for your kind words. The lights did mess up things here …and is not an easy spider to deal with as they usually are below the leaves. This is the first time I’ve come across this species.

Balan Vinod

Balan: Technical issues aside, this is a spectacular capture and glad to hear this was a new species for you. Most excellent. >=))>

Very good job with the contrast, Balan. The brown bits help with this, I think. And I like the arch of white framing our friend in the BG. I’d be tempted to clone out the reflections. It’s a haunting shot with superb magnification.

Balan, this is an excellent “in your face” view of this spider. The details show very well as do the variety of green tones. They are set off beautifully by the brown bits.