The green fan

Looking for solomons seal (Polygonatum multiflorum), overgrown, too windy, I found this scar of a sawn off branch. After two years of drought we are having a wet spring yielding abundant green everywhere. The patterns and colours caught my eye.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C is very much appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5d4, iso 200, 1.3 sec, Sigma 150 @ f/9, cpl, tripod, cable release, black umbrella, minimal processing

2 Likes

Igor, this is great. My first thought was that is was a look at green reflections in water, with the tree rings being small ripples and a fine outward fan from the lower right. Finding out that it’s the sawed end of a tree makes it even better. Nicely seen.

Pleasing green abstract with wonderful lines, texture, and color.

Great little abstract and excellent entry for the challenge. Love the colors, lines and patterns. I might clone out the black speck ULC as I find it yanks my attention out of the image. For some reason, the light brown one does not and works for me.

Thanks very much for your comments. @Harley_Goldman, I didn’t notice the black spot in the ulc, but now you mentioned it, I can’t stop seeing it… It hardly contains any detail, even in the original. I’ll try a subtle fill.

A beautiful nature abstract. I’m wondering, why the black umbrella?

@Mike_Friel, The black umbrella serves to cast a shadow giving less reflections and more saturated colours. Use it quite often.