The Hall of Mirrors

Description:

I found this one on my hard drive and it shows a drake wood duck that is in the process of eating some aquatic plants. You can see the tips of the plants protruding from the bill. There was no wind nor clouds in the sky that morning so the flooding was like glass. The reflection reminds me of the trip to the fun house where you have all of these mirrors that distort one’s appearance. Lots of photographers were present, but I was the only patient photographer that day.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/1600 sec at f6.3, ISO 450) Levels, DeNoise AI, crop and rotate for horizon, Rubber Stamp for a couple of dust specks. I used this one to test my new printer so the saturation of the reds were tweaked down slightly for keeping everything in gamut. The print is fantastic and the Epson SC P700 is a keeper!

Is this a composite?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

3 Likes

Well composed with excellent detail and color. I like the water. I might consider brightening the image by half a stop.

1 Like

An utterly gorgeous Wood Duck image, Jim. You had a very good angle and the reflections is just wonderful. Glad you found this one.

1 Like

Hi Jim, beautiful duck very well captured. Great that the green on the head shows quite well. Love the mirrored reflection and water drops. Very nice frame.

1 Like

The stars aligned on this one. Excellent job. Lovely reflection, perfect bg and your patience really paid off. Such fine detail.

1 Like

Hi Jim
To come away with photograph, would make a week of shooting a memorable event.
Nice work.
Peter

1 Like

Hi Jim! What an awesome image! I love the drops of water falling from the duck’s mouth/beak/bill?! Perfect capture!

1 Like

A really stunning image, Jim. Colors, exposure, reflection, details - they’re all there. Nicely done.

1 Like

Excellent shot of this wonderful bird. Love the reflection and the water droplets. Great work! Hans

1 Like

Excellent shot Jim, The clean bg, water droplets and clean colors have all contributed to a beautiful mirrored image.

1 Like