The Joy of Spring

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1000; f6.3; +1/3EV;ISO 200

1 Like

You are getting a lot of mileage out of those cherry blossoms. I like the composition here. Excellent pose, perch, detail. While Iā€™m not a fan of empty sky backgrounds, this one works because of the colors.

1 Like

Love the blossoms and the calling pose. But it looks like the image quality has suffered here. Was this is a big crop?

1 Like

Hi Allen, nice calling pose with the flowers as a strong added bonus. Nicely composed. As Lyle indicates, the bird seems rather soft to me in the larger version.

1 Like

This is certainly a sign of spring. I like the nice framing of the song sparrow and lovely singing pose. The blue sky bg works for me.

1 Like

A lovely composition, Allen and I really like the singing pose. As noted, the bird seems just a tiny bit soft.

1 Like

I like the composition for this image very much. Nice use of the branch and complimentary colors. All that looks good. Bird looks pretty soft. Not sure what happened.

1 Like

A nice singing position for this sparrow, and it looks good against the clear blue of the sky. Personally, I find the blossoms to be distracting - especially on the edges of the composition.

1 Like

Nice pose and setting, as mentioned by the others the techs look a little off, maybe give it another round of postprocessing with some extra sharpening ? Image would be worth it for sure ! Best, Hans

1 Like