The Landing

This Red Knot just landed and made this typical wing movement, which I have seen them often make after landing… Thanks for any feedback. Have a nice Sunday, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D850 with 500mm | 1/2500s | f4 | ISO280 | overexposed 2/3EV | handheld

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Excellent wing position, color, detail, and depth of field with respect to environmental presentation.
I find this to be a totally enjoyable image due to the point of view and the three-quarter body turn approach. Well done.

This is an excellent image, in my opinion, Hans. I just love how his wings are positioned in the landing. Great out of focus background. Well done. No nits here. :+1: :+1:

Great pose and detail. Agree with David, a very enjoyable image.

Looks like a gymnast that’s just nailed a 10, Hans. Beautiful detail in the bird and a really nice setting. You might want to remove some of the specular highlights. The 1 1/2 in the upper right seem particularly distracting.

Specular highlights aside, this is a great image, I think. I love the spread open wing position and boy that yellow leg adds so much to the image. If it’s not against your ethics, I would remove the kelp right in front of the bird near its legs.

Thanks for your comments & suggestions. @Adhika_Lie and @Dennis_Plank please find attached the repost. Best, Hans

1 Like

Excellent job on the cleanup, Hans.

Hi Hans, very well captured landing pose. Great angle from the bird and nice low POV from you. I like what you did in the repost very much. Very nice frame.