Red Knots

One of my favourite images from last month, when I could photograph two Red Knots at one of the harbour piers. Not shy at all, I could spent some short but great shooting time with them.
For the full story, you can check https://www.hansoverduin.nl/qanot/
Thanks for any feedback and enjoy the weekend !

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D4s with 500mm f4 | 1/2000s | f4.5 | ISO450 | overexposed 2/3EV | me and camera flat on the ground

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ā€˜igā€™ and leave your Instagram username below.
4 Likes

Wonderful photo of these Red Knots Hans. I love the detail in the feathers and the POV youā€™ve chosen. Such a soft feel to the photo. Nicely done.

1 Like

A nice eye level view of these Red Knots, Hans. I agree with Linda about the soft feel of the image, yet the feathers on the front bird have nice details. Great shot.

1 Like

What great colors. Everything matches and adds so much to the soft feel of the image. I am sure it was one of those fun and exciting experiences for you. Out of the several excellent photos in your blog I find it interesting that you have selected this one for posting. Two birds, one in focus and one out of focus, birds are overlapping and they have slightly different poses.
I am curious, if you donā€™t mind Hans, what about this image makes it one of your favorites? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @David_Leroy for your comment and question. A very interesting one for that matter, as I didnā€™t aks myself that one - to me this just ā€˜feelsā€™ like the most interesting image. Maybe just because what you describe: it isnā€™t a classic shot of two birds, and the fact that they both seem to be doing different things makes that thereā€™s something to see. This is so much fun, as I notice I simply cannot come up with a rational argument - itā€™s just the image I like best. What I do know is that this can change over time, maybe in a few weeks I think differently ā€¦ thanks for asking though ! Cheers,

Haha! I am glad you enjoyed the question Hans and thanks for answering. It is interesting what motivates a photographer to select one particular photo out of several for public viewing. I was curious about what an artist thinks about this so I asked. The answer is ā€œfeels rightā€. Wonderful. Take Care

1 Like

Hi Hans,

I like the gray color scheme of this photo. Looks like autumn with 2 ideal subjects. Well doneā€¦Jim