The last leaves

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!
I’m not sure if this is a macro or a mini-landscape. Moderators should feel free to move it if it’s in the wrong place.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

This one is from the archives. Canon 5D2, 70-200 f/2.8 at 200, ISO 800, f/9.5, 1/350 sec, HH. This is about all we get around here for fall color.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Hey Diane. It’s fascinating. acts on me like a liquid mirror. Great seen.

This one works really well. The warped mirror look of the water is a strong contrast to the leaves and warm and cool tones between the two creates even more tension. Two leaves is all you get for fall color? :grinning: :+1:

Wow, this is super! The only thing I can see is maybe darkening the URC, to make the background more uniform in brightness. But it’s great as is, too.

Good catch, @Bonnie_Lampley – consider it done! @Harley_Goldman – lots more to rake up but only about these two colors… :frowning_face:

I agree. This is fascinating.

Diane: What a great find and a superb capture. The not quite still water producing the distorted BG is a great touch. Most excellent. >=))>

I’m coming in late on this one, Diane. I had a bunch of errands to run today. What a great shot! I love the reflections in the water, and the details in the leaf. Well done.

Diane, this is a beauty. The sharpness of the two leaves and the decent sharpness (along with the distortion) of the reflections makes a great fall story. Well done.

Thanks everyone! Lucky find!

1 Like

Diane, great image! Love the sharp leaves and the warped background of water and reflections.

This is a beautiful and unique fall picture. The colors are wonderful, the leaves are sharp and the background fluid in a nice contrast. I love everything about it and would love to take a fall walk wherever this was.