The Life and Times of a Maple Bud

March 29th

April 8th

April 13th

April 18th

May 4th

When I first saw this tree back in March budding and the raindrops on it I was just trying for the bud with raindrop but I didn’t know what kind of tree it was so I thought it would be fun to keep taking pictures of it until I could see the leaves, it’s a place that I ride my bike to, not too far from where I live.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Different settings for each photo due to different days, times and lighting and angles, but it’s all the same bud.

Vanessa, watching that bud open and grow seeds is great. I especially like the first three because they show well the subtle changes both in growth and in lighting. #s 2 and 3 could use a slight reduction in exposure. The larger views in 4 and 5 complete the story well.

1 Like

Thanks @Mark_Seaver! I’m glad you like it!

Vanessa, you did a wonderful job capturing the changes in the Maple Bud. Very well done.

1 Like

Thanks, Shirley! I’m so glad you like them!

1 Like

Very nice sequence. Maple buds are lovely! The first one is special. Good points from @Mark_Seaver about the exposures.

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller! Yeah, I want to go back and try to bring down the exposure a bit. I think lately I’ve been overexposing things because I always tend to underexpose now I’m going the other extreme!