The Path Alone

This image was taken in Seattle, WA during an early morning overcast sunrise. My intention was to have a nice leading path into the water with a simple background. Long exposure to really isolate the deck and leave the viewer focusing simply on the path and BW processing to further isolate the subjects.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Always open to technical feedback related to the processing or how I could have shot it better.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Always open to all C&C related to the composition, artistic vision, and processing towards that vision.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single image taken with following settings: 15sec, f16, ISO100, 17mm (full frame). Processing done primarily in LR with switch to PS for a slight gaussian blur.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@minhazrsarker

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Absolutely! Any and all help is appreciated.

1 Like

Minhaz, this has a very classic clean look and in B&W it works very well. I have no suggestions for improvement. Nicely done!

1 Like

Thank you Alan! That is much appreciated :slight_smile:

I love a good B&W and this is no exception, Minhaz. This has a wide range of tones and the walkway draws me into the scene beautifully. The drama with the clouds also works rather nicely. My only suggestion would be to clone out the dust spots in the sky. Fantastic image.

1 Like

Beautiful image. I really like the sharp, clear textures in the wood contrasted with the soft dreamy glow on the water.

1 Like

ED!!! THANK you for pointing out the dust spots. I hadnt noticed somehow. Appreciate the kind words :slight_smile: Dust spots fixed!

Thanks Dan :slight_smile: Im definitely happy I got to shoot this spot!