The Pond

Water wind and rocks
Playing with blue skies and sun
Trees throw in their green

Specific Feedback Requested

I see how it’s all focused in the middle. Does that make it look bad, the foreground and background being blurred? Anything else. (Do you like my haiku?!)

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
1/1000
f/6.3
ISO 800
Slight sharpened, clarity, lens correction

apani.hill
1 Like

I LOVE your haiku! And your image! The shallow DOF works for me to break up what otherwise could be too much the same everywhere. I might even be tempted to blur it more.

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller! I’m glad you like it and my poetry! So do you somehow blur it in Lightroom?

I would blur things in PS, which allows more control, but I think you’re using limited processing tools. Others here could give a better answer. In LR you could use the gradient tool to choose an area and lower the Clarity or Dehaze and then bring down the Exposure as needed to undo the lightening. You would have do do it for each corner – or there is a radial adjustment that can go from the center but I don’t know if you can inverse it to work on the outer areas. Anybody…??

1 Like

Yeah, Diane, I think those two things can work. You can certainly invert a radial filter in Lr.

The sharp areas help define things so our eyes have a place to land. The strong diagonal pattern works and I like the orange-y-er reflections on the leading edges. Breaks it up really well. So do the specks of sky.

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller and @Kris_Smith I might give it a try and see if anything great happens! The orangey things are our baby salamander friends from the Pond Life photo, same day just more wind in this photo!