The Real Macaws & repost

Well it is mating season…
This was taken from a moving boat on the Tarcoles River close to its mouth as it enters into the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. It was quite a display that lasted for at least 10 to 15 minutes.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Iso-4000, 500 mm PF, F7 .1, 2000th, handheld, greater than a 50% crop, D 500, late in the afternoon approaching sunset, DxO Photo Lab, Adobe Camera Raw 11.2, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 1%.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What a great pose! The position of the birds really compliments each other. Difficult exposure against that bright sky that I think you handled well. The composition is differnt. I like it but can’t pinpoint why. :upside_down_face:

It appears the composition on this image probably bothered some people. Did I do it this way because I am left-handed? Does it work better reversed?

Wonderful action on the part of the birds, David and I love their postures. I also like the loose composition and the inclusion of the tree to on the right. It does a lot to balance the image and add some context.

I really like the different-ish comp. Great interaction of the birds. IQ looks good, but I do see some noise in the large-ist version. The reds also look a little hot. I think you can get some more detail in them.

Great shot, David, love it!
Regards, Ingrid.