Mating Macaws

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

this is a couple of mating macaws at the top of the tree quite far away. Probably 30 to 40% of original frame. Iso 4000

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Iso-4000, 500 mm PF, F7 .1, 2000th, handheld, greater than a 50% crop, D 500, late in the afternoon approaching sunset, DxO Photo Lab, Adobe Camera Raw 11.2, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 1%.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Incredible action, David. I noticed an earlier post of this action (not sure it’s the same frame) with a looser crop and white sky, so I’m guessing you did a sky replacement here and it looks like it somehow bled into the birds a bit-the sky selection might have gotten confused-I’ve noticed that it’s not always that accurate.

I spent many hours trying to multiple intranet solution for this and nothing worked. Got any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is to do a vey careful selection of the birds and perch and copy and paste them on a new layer and put it on top. It would probably need a bit of feathering and maybe touch-up to make itlook right. Odd that it’s being so difficult because it’s such a common practice these days.

This has such a nice graphic feel to it David. I really like the sky you chose, and the bird action is incredible. Nice one.