The trees look like a good place to land

This Egret is the same back light one I posted earlier.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, -1.3EV, ISO 640. The shot is cropped of 39% and I lifted the blacks some.

2 Likes

What a beautiful image. I love it’s simplicity. The backlight is gorgeous, allowing some of the Egret’s legs(?) show through as shadows in its wings. The dark background really lets the Egret stand out. Bravo!

Maintaining details in the bird in that bright light is impressive @peter. And the dark background is a plus. Well done.

Stunning, with great light and a gorgeous wing position!

A beautiful image, Peter. The control of the whites is outstanding. I would quibble with the title since the water drops imply it just took off and is unlikely to be looking for a landing already.

Hi Mark, Terry, Diane & Dennis
Thank you for your kind comments.
Dennis this the same Egret you can see landing on a large tree branch. The Egret left the beach and went straight to the trees. post date Aug. 4
Surry for the confusion.
Peter

As others have said, the exposure is outstanding. Really good job here with the pose, the shadows of the bird on the closest wing and the wing position in general.

Great image Peter. Love the legs throwing droplets of water right out of the frame and the tail feathers curled up under the wing. The background really makes the bird pop and I love the shadows coming through the inside wing. You might want to clone out the orange growth under the bird as it pulls the eye but other than that, I can’t think of anything you can do to improve this image.

I love the lighting on this one, Peter. I don’t know what you cropped out, but if it isn’t too ugly, this feels like it could use a bit more room on the top and the left for my taste.

Hi Dennis
I agree with you, on this shot needing more room, but I lonely have DXO to work with and that is all the room there is on the left hand side of the frame. I also wanted t keep the original framing.
Thank you of rthe comments.

Peter