Just can’t find the right spot

I had ten minutes of fun with this Egret popping around an inlet on the Back River. The Egret would land in one spot looking for something to eat, then take-off for another spot in the inlet

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm, 640-1250 ISO, F7.1, 1/125-1/3000. Cloud cover keep changing. I adjusted the lens detail, add a ¼ stop of exposure and +22 vibrancy in DxO PhotoLab. In the second shot, I change to vertical framing just before the Egret took off, all other shot are cropped by 10%.

That first one is awesome. What a pose. For some reason, makes me think of a New York City traffic cop. LOL

1 Like

These are all very good, Peter. I do think the pose in the first makes it the most appealing, though I find myself wishing for just a touch more perch on that one. Number 3 is my second choice. I really like just the foot reflection and the inclusion of the to-be-perch. Number 4 looks as if it could use just a touch of counter-clockwise rotation.

1 Like

These are all excellent captures, Peter! Very good control of the exposure on these all white birds! My favorite is the first one because of the wide open display with all it’s feather and leg details. I do agree with others and would trade a little of that extra room at the top for a little more of landing pad but I know just how difficult it is to focus on the composition as you’re panning and following and just trying to keep it in the frame!