Into the sun.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is an earlier frame of the Egret I posted on Oct 23. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f8, 480mm, -1.7Ev, ISO 1000 and cropped around 56%, in DXO PhotoLab 6. I adjust the levels the legs and under the wings with local adjustments.

I like this for the feeling the egret is flying more towards the viewer than the previous one. I also like the background, though the branch in the LLC tends to draw my eye. Nice detail in the wings.

I like the detail of the egret and the angle it’s flying at as Allen noted, Peter. Also, as he noted, there’s a branch or two that tends to draw the eye. I don’t know what capabilities DxO has for removing/toning down those branches, but it’s worth trying.

As noted above, nice angle of the bird on this shot Peter. The bird contrasts pretty well with the background though more separation would be ideal.

Hi Allen Brooks, Dennis & Allen Sparks
Thank you for your comments.
Here is a repost, with the lower branches cloned out.
Peter

3 Likes

Great job on this repost, Peter. It looks wonderful now.

I like the angle of this one much better Peter! I also like the repost removing that branch. Nicely done!

Hi Dennis & Kurt
Thank you for your comments.
Peter