The wolf in my Backyard

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: D500 16-80mm f2.8-f4 (16mm, 1/800 sec at f9.0, Iso 1250), Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast. With artificial selection, modern dog breeds give scant clues that they are derived from wolves. My good buddy Badger was employed to help harvest pumpkins from our garden. Each pumpkin weighs between 25 and 40 pounds and Badger handled the load quite well. Bernese mountain dogs were bred mainly for draft and farm work, and Badger is built well for this type of task and he snarfed down many cookie bones to make the task worthwhile for him. Enjoy…Jim

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Badger is wonderful. I love Bernese and this image shows his happiness and strength. Did he really pull the cart with the pumpkins? Well done.

1 Like

He pulled them for my wife who trains our dogs for draft work and water rescue. He works for me, but it turns out to be more of a freestyle type of event. Thank you for checking out my photo…Jim

Looks like hes lying down on the job this time, Jim. Beautiful image. I really like the angle and fine detail throughout.

1 Like

Beautiful dog and a fine portrait of him, too.

1 Like

Not sure what is more gorgeous, the dog or his portrait – well done!!

1 Like

Superb perspective here!

1 Like

Gorgeous animal and great photo!

1 Like