There is so much beauty

A picture of a rose I took on a walk to the store in the middle of the day a
couple of days ago on the usual dreary sort of rainy day in late November.
Handheld, next to sidewalk.
1/500, f5.6, 105mm
Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Dan, A very beautiful rose with exquisite colours. I like the dark BG and often do this too.
A little tight in the frame, IMO, and there is a dark odd blob on the left, where perhaps something was cloned out and needs to be blended in more.
You’re posting some very very nice images!
Sandy

I agree it is a lovely colored rose, presented beautifully. I did not notice the dark area that Sandy mentions until enlarging the picture. Fix that and it is perfect. Yes, beauty surrounds us if only we take the time to see it.

Dan: Wonderful color and light on the rose. On extreme magnification it looks like you also applied some oil paint filter. I like what it does and expect a large print would be very nice. :+1::+1:>=))>

Lovely colors and I like the touches of “oil painting”. I agree with Sandy about the blob on the left side. A blend or a content aware patch would take care of this nicely.

This looks very good in the smaller image, Dan. Unfortunately my internet is abysmally slow today, so I haven’t been able to view the larger image. I’ll look at it later and let you know if I spot anything.

By the way, does Portland still do a Rose Parade? I remember my boss having it on when I worked in a TV shop back in the late 70’s, and I’d forgotten all about it until I saw this image.

Dan, that’s certainly a pretty bloom, but the larger image is HUGE, such that I cannot see the normal presentation, and the larger ones are so big I cannot make a good assessment (have noticed this in your others too). FWIW, I’m of the opinion that the large size is what makes it slow for some people. I don’t know about other members, and of course others may disagree depending on monitor resolution, but for my own posts 1800 pixels on the long side works well.