They Call Me Mellow Yellow

As the 1st of October kicks in I find myself harking back to summer dayzzz. The warmth of the sun and the coolness of the vibes.
This image I took on an early morning drive around the lanes close to my home in Wales. I initially stopped the car to point my camera up at some trees that had caught my eye with the translucent light emanating from their leaves but in the end I found that the scene presented here spoke more to my soul.
Total utter peace.
This image was taken around 7-30am one July morning this year but it transported me back to my childhood. Between the ages of 5 and 9 I, like most all children probably used to gaze up at the sun with my eyes closed to swim in an ocean of orange glow behind my eyelids. The warmth from that experience would overtake my whole being. We also had at the end of the street where I grew up a council recreation ground. In the summer months the council were not always that diligent in cutting the grass. I used to love lying down in it and to look skywards for my dose of orangina. Absolute warmth. Safety. Enveloped in a day glow womb.
Mellow yellow took me back there.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything and everything please would be very welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D750
f16 1.3sec. iso80

@philiptrafalgar
1 Like

Love the Donovan reference, Philip. This is such a peaceful, warm scene. I like the lighting and your composition. Well done.

1 Like

Wonderful story to go along with a beautiful image, Phillip. I will have to echo @David_Bostock’s thoughts on this image. The different layers compliment each other rather nicely IMO. At first I was going to suggest a crop of the green from the bottom edge, but decided that it compliments the greens up top. Nicely done!

1 Like

Thank you so much David for your feedback!! Greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ed for your kind words. Expressive images are highly personal and not to everyone’s taste. This one brought back deeply personal experiences for me. Ones that needed a lot of cobweb dusting off of them.

This image keeps getting better the more you blow it up. I particularly like the upper section that includes the green layer and some of the yellow below it.

1 Like

Thanks for telling me that Igor. I only have access to a 13" Mac.

Love this image with its structure and layers of colors. IMO you have made very good choices regarding where to place the bottom and the top of the image.

1 Like

Thank you Ola for your comment. I’m glad you enjoy looking at it and experiencing a little what I experienced while I was there.