They'll be biting soon

I came across a father & daughter at a local park enjoying the warm summer weather and getting in just a couple more casts before it was too dark to see. I sent a copy to the father, who thanked me and let me know that this photo is his new background on his PC. As much fun as it is to take photographs, nothing compares to having someone else enjoying your work.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any constructive criticism is welcome. I did sharpen the reflection in the pond, a little, too much?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 800, 1/320, f11, Nikor 20mm lens, handheld, processed with Capture 1

2 Likes

Judging by the father’s pose, he’s a bit worried his daughter is going to land the supper catch .To my eye that reflection is fine - in fact, its brightness really brings out the silhouettes well. A real photo with a story.

James, the emotional impact of this peaceful family scene is great and your processing looks fine.

Thank you, Mike. The half hour or so that I was there nobody caught anything, but they were having a great time talking about fishing.

Thank you, Mark. I was reminded of fishing with my father when I was a boy. Thanks for taking the time to comment.