Pastel morning

Description:Glossy Ibis and Black-winged Stilt looking for food at sunrise.

Specific Feedback Requested :Any feedback is always good.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D500 + Nikon 500 f4 ISO 1600

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

1 Like

I really like the end of day feeling here. Birds doing their last feeding before finding a roost. Shadows lengthening. Crickets and frogs singing. I wish the birds were closer together, darn them. Have you tried a crop to isolate the one in profile? Overall it might make a more definitive statement. If you do, you can eliminate the immediate foreground as well. Super colors and an nice catch.

Avi, the bird silhouettes against that lovely colored rippled water are excellent. I like how all of the ripples create a feeling of quiet isolation.

I really love this picture. The color of the water and the ripples are wonderful and the two birds provide the perfect anchor and contrast to balance the composition. The positions of the birds are also great. One deep in the picture and the other looking like its asking us to come in.

This is a beautiful capture Avi; love the sunset colors reflected in the water and silhouettes of the two wading birds grabbing their last meal of the day. Personally, I think the little bit of shoreline in view helps to anchor the bottom of the frame. If you cropped it out, the foreground bird would have little room in which to maneuver, lol.