This image from a few summers ago is one of my grandchildren's favorites

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D3300, 55-200 mm Lens at 165 mm, ISO 200, f 8, 1/320 sec.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Nicholas, welcome to NPN. This is a great first post, with fine colors and details in both the bee and the thistle. The background is nicely soft and the greens add nicely to the sense of summer. One way to improve on this would be to change your angle of view so that the two oof seed heads are not connected to the subject. That would increase your options for adjusting the brightness/darkness of those, which can change how much attention they draw.

1 Like

Thank you for your input Mark. I noticed the issue with the angle of view but after when I was doing the processing.

Welcome to NPN, Nicholas. This is a very nice first post. I like the position of the bee on the colorful flower. I know what you mean, it is in post processing so many times that I can see that I should have moved my position to avoid a distraction in the BG. I just get so excited about the subject before me that I forget to check sometimes to see if there is anything in the image that would pull the eye away from the main focus. I can see why this is a favorite of your grandchildren though!

1 Like