This is my spot

Image Description

I was at the park Apple Valley watching and photographing the locals. The Cormorants and White Pelicans like to share this landing but sometimes it can get crowded. I saw a pelican in the distance and waited because I was pretty sure the bird was going to hope on. I guess the end of the landing is a popular spot since I caught him jumping up right where the other one was sitting. The Cormorant just sat and watched the show.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Light is a little harsh but I tried to calm it down. Welcome feedback on anything,

Technical Details

R6m2 RF 100-500 1.4x 700mm 1/1000 f/18 ISO 1250 No crop here. Sitting on the water shore with a tripod.

1 Like

Hi Dean, This is some great action. I love how you analyzed the spot and had the patience to wait! The DOF is good to catch all those birds in focus…I wonder if you increased the shutter speed a bit you would still get this shot but whites not so bright. I would keep that spot if I were you for some more action shots!