This years Christmas card , Weekly challenge #1068

This is an old one room schoolhouse that was moved from its original location in Colorado to the Clear Creek History Park in Golden, Colorado. The image went through a little doctoring to get to this point , with snow added in foreground, light effects added, unsightly evidence of current times eliminated and falling snow added.

Specific Feedback Requested

I am not looking for any specific feedback although, I welcome all. I want to say that I miss this site but just don’t have time for it right now. I am still doing photography but I am doing more in computer work than field work due to two bad knees (one now delightfully fixed) and due to a very ill husband who has a debilitating disease.
Happy Holidays to all
Kathy Snead

Technical Details

4 Likes

Lovely photo of the old school house, Kathy. We used to live in Conifer and went to Golden quite often and have seen this house many times. Your photo has turned it into a precious winter scene. I wish you the best in your recovery and hope and prayers for you and your husband in this chapter of your lives together. Take care.

1 Like

Hi Kathy,

Sorry to hear about the health issues. I wish the best for both of you.

As for the card? well, I think it was very well imagined and edited, it was done in a very creative and talented way!

Thanks for sharing the details and the card!
I enjoyed seeing it.

Again, wishing you all the best :slight_smile:
Merv

1 Like

Kathy, this looks great! All of your additions look good and add well to the atmosphere. I’m especially attracted to the various green bits and how well they’re set off by all of the white.

2 Likes

What a wonderful scene! I was so happy to see a post from you after a long time, but then so sad to hear of the trials you are going through. My very best wishes for you both!

1 Like

This is simply lovely, Kathy. I think the “doctoring” you did to the image made it an adorable Christmas card.
Like you, I have not been on NPN for some time, but I hope to get back on here this winter. I also have health issues in my family, and I am so far behind in everything, it’s unbelievable, but I need to get back to photography!!! I wish the best to you and your husband.

1 Like

Genny
Thank you. I hope your travails are over soon as well.

Kathy