Three Beech leaves

Beech leaves keep my interest year round. Here they are in early winter, folded and flat and ready to nourish the forest.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I was drawn to both the parallel veins of the leaves and their sharp regular margins as well as, of course, the muted colors. Of the millions of images on the forest floor, this is one that I found pleasing. Does it provide enough interest to continue as a photograph?

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/200, f/14, 120mm, ISO1250 with adjustments to tone curves, sharpening and cropping in LR.

What a beautiful reminder of fall, John. The patterns, colors and textures create an abstract feel, at least for me. When viewed close up - zoomed in -the abstract quality does make me want to continue to look at it time and again. Nicely seen.

Hi John, yes, definitely worthy of photographing and sharing. Very attractive arrangement with the varied hues and lines. The folded leaf is really showing off its jagged edges.