Three Fuzzy Friends + Repost (or 6 Fuzzy Friends!)

What technical feedback would you like if any? How’s my processing of snow & highlights?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Do you think that adding some space on the right side would help the comp?

Any pertinent technical details: D500 200-400mm f4 (1/1000 sec at f8.0, Iso 1000, 200mm) Camera flat profile, Levels, Brightness & Contrast, Topaz Details, Hue saturation subtraction of blues and cyans to snow, crop for comp, rubber styamp tool for halo removal and dark spots in snow. These are my good friends that live in our hose. My wife Jenny is holding some cookie bones which appears to be holding their attention. Enjoy…Jim

I reduced the saturation of blues and cyans and played around with Brightness and the white eyedropper in Levels to take some of the dinginess out of the now.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jim: The photograph is wonderful, but the subjects are fantastic. What beautiful dogs!

Jim, this looks great. You did a great job on the dynamic range, the blacks and the snow look just right. It might be worth experimenting with adding a little space as you suggest, mostly since the dogs are looking that direction the extra might be nice. Hard to say until you try it, but looks great as posted.

Great portrait of the family!
Excellent detail and handling of the blacks/whites.
They don’t stay little for long.
Keep them coming!
Sandy

I agree with all comments, especially Sandy’s: “Keep them coming!” (Nit: if going to print maybe work on small blue shade patch between legs of family member on left.).

Excellent composition and great job on a really tough exposure, Jim. Once Jim Gavin pointed it out, that blue area does stick out. A fine image.

Hi,

Thank you for the comments and suggested edits. I’ll rework this one up give it another go. The tiff file had those blues tamed down, but the jpeg version brought them back…………………Jim