Thunder rises in northern Lapland

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
DJI Mavic 2 Pro 3 shoot panorama

1 Like

This has to be seen large to be appreciated. These islands seem serene at first, but then the clouds. The looming threat of them. But the break of sunlight provides some hope. An emotional landscape for sure. It seems a bit overly blue to me, maybe a little warming would add some richness. Otherwise it’s a sweeping, dramatic view of a remote part of the world.

This image reveals its beauty when enlarged to full screen! I really like the mode as described by Kristen. It is very well performed technically and composition-wise.

Wow, Jorma, this is really great. I think the panorama presentation is wonderful. And the best drone out there too (I have one :grinning:). Did you use a polarizer? It kinda looks like it. I love the dark water against the dark sky. Nice work on the pano sticking too. I tend to agree with the others about the cool tone. If that’s what you were going for, that’s fine. I downloaded it and did a quick color adjustment with a plug-in called Color Wash. It warmed it up quite a bit…Here’s what it did (not sure it’s better, as white balance is often a personal preference).

Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback. I have used a Nisi Landscape polarizer, which is a cooler tone than the basic polarizer. I use a Nisi polarizer on other lenses as well and I like a little cooler tones and its emphasis on green and blue and clear grey. But as David said, these are everyone’s personal preferences

I saw this las night and really liked it. The one thing that I would suggest is that the image looks either over sharpened or the texture was boosted. Color is a personal thing and I feel the blue gives the scene it’s magic. I would not change that.

This is a very impressive image when viewed large, great work Jorma The blues colors are what creates the impact for me in this image, I would not change anything about the colors. I think the composition feels very balanced and works well.

My only suggestion would be to gently burn the mid-tones in the lower left corner (LLC). I think this would help draw more attention to the center of the image, with the bright island and bright cloud in the sky.

Jorma, this is stunning, especially as others have said, when looking at the larger image. I love the blue sky and deep blue water. If anything, maybe warm up just the rocks on the rocky island in the foreground, but yes this is personal and the large image is just beautiful.