Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly

I found this male in a local community garden earlier this week.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D2, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 1.4x extender III
ISO 400, f16, 1/160s, hand held

@allensparks. wildlife
3 Likes

Allen, this is just beautiful. The color and details of him are excellent. A very nice composition, and the greenery all around him makes him the center of attention. Just enough flower included to let us know what he is up to. I had one in our flower garden to land just 3 feet away from me the other, but I was all set up with close up macro lens and accessories, and as soon as I spotted him, he flew. No chance to change anything to even get a shot. They are a beautiful butterfly that don’t pose for me often. So glad that he did for you, and you captured a wonderful shot of him. I can’t think of anything that would improve this image. Very nice.

Lovely butterfly shot Allen. It looks to be in excellent condition. Really good focus and detail. And to my eye the colors look really good.

A nice capture of this guy, Allen. The comp is nice in the way he is diagonal across the frame. Good color and exposure.

Beautiful detail and lighting! I love the composition with the bit of flower showing.

This is a fine looking Tiger, Allen. The pink of the flower adds well to the view.

Allen: A great subject on a great perch, what more could you want? Superb capture. >=))>