Tigress in the back waters of Ramganga river

This tigress, who was my favorite subject for many years, seems to have left her territory, due to age. Her territory is taken over by her daughter now.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D II; 500 mm; ISO 400; 1/320 sec. at f 5.6

jagdeeprajputphotographie
6 Likes

J, this is one of your best IMVHO. This is a stunning story telling image. Your long history of knowing this gorgeous cat adds to knowing of her latest territorial move. I assume you might have a fix on her age too maybe… :tiger2:

btw: any understanding as to why she is in the water. Just a crossing point, bathing, or just drinking? Just curious… :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t generally come over here to Wildlife but fortunately, I came across this image. It is absolutely stunning. The subject is, in and of herself, riveting but this picture could only have been taken by someone who is committed to knowing these remarkable creatures. I envy the contact you have made and appreciate your passing some of that experience along to those of us who will never have the opportunity for such first hand connection. Much thanks.

4 Likes

This is a great image! Love the comp, colors, and reflection. Well done!

1 Like

Beautiful beast and image of it. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks friends!
@Paul_Breitkreuz this pool in the back waters was her favorite spot, she used to spend some time here, especially during summers. So while visiting this area, I always used to look forward to meeting her there, however many a times I was disappointed.

1 Like

Fantastic photo of a beautiful animal. I agree that it is one of your best.

1 Like

I don’t think I can add anything here but just say WOW.

1 Like

A lovely reflection with some nice textures in the wall, but I particularly like how her fur color and warmth contrasts with the cool tones of the stone.

1 Like

I love it to pieces, but wish the white fur wasn’t so blue/green. She is a stunner and I hope you keep seeing her even though her daughter is now in charge.

1 Like

I will add my congrats on this image. No nits and everything to like about it. Great shot.

1 Like

A wonderful image, I wish that you can build the same relation with her daughter and show us similar images of these wonderful cats. Mankind will be disgraced forever if we don’t let these magnificent animals survive.
I agree with @Kris_Smith that the white fur has a cast. Maybe caused by reflections of the rock in the water?

1 Like

Very beautiful image. Love the look and the reflections. I might darken the rocks a bit above the head but that is very minor. Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Beautiful capture of a beautiful animal. Her reflection adds a nice touch to the composition. Well done.

1 Like