Totality

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Only two elements here.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

I’m sure there will be many more and better images of one of Nature’s rare and moving experiences. I captured this image at my friend of 60 years and his wife’s house in Brown County, Indiana. My wife was also in attendance. In addition to capturing several images the experience of being with life long friends for the eclipse was very special.

Technical Details

Camera: Canon EOS R5. Lens: RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM @ 500 mm. f/ 7.1, for 1/30 sec.
ISO 100. Edited in Photoshop and Camera Raw.

Specific Feedback

Any and all comments welcomed.

1 Like

What a special experience for you on so many levels, Robert. Great shot!

OK!! Quite an experience wasn’t it! Looks like several people got some pictures. We got lucky and will be home tomorrow after 4 days of planned stops and a slow and bumpy ride.

Thank you, Linda. Bob Engle

It was an unique and rare experience. Brown county is only about 4.5 hours away and not a bumpy ride home. Bob Engle

I love the simplicity of the composition as it transfers the powerful experience.

Thank you, Tamar. Bob Engle