Totem

After paddling twenty or thirty days, seeing no other human beings besides each other, we at last, open ourselves to all our relations – the world that is arising all around us and of which we ourselves are indisputably a part. We find ourselves in the midst of a flowing dialogue filled with signs and portents. These two black spruce, locked together in an eternal embrace, appeared to me as a totem, ripe with meaning. I hope I haven’t gone overboard in the pathetic fallacy department :thinking: .

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

These two do appear as if in a symbiotic relationship, standing tall together against the wild world.

Beautiful capture. It tells your story .

The wonderful sharpness and detail is important to the message, for me. I like the sliver of land at the bottom and the dramatic sky.

Great job Kerry. What I’ve liked most about this series is the way you have found skies that work well with the trees, as in this image for example. The trees and sky are very harmonious with each other in terms of the mood they create.

Kerry, I really like this image especially the sky. I would like to see space at the top above the trees.