Transition Day

While on a trip to the sierras for fall colors a heavy snow fall made a seasonal change to winter all in one day.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 150mm - Velvia 50 QL. (Square crop of vertical 4x5)

4 Likes

Wow, Paul, this definitely works as a fall transition. Awesome shot. Love the square crop too.

Beautiful colors and great display of the transition of seasons. No nits here.

That wasn’t the trip the gang gathered in Lee Vining canyon and it snowed Friday night and Saturday was pretty epic?

Wow, what spectacular colors! Lucky you to be able to be there for the first snow.

@David_Bostock @Harley_Goldman @Bonnie_Lampley thanks for the reviews and comments. This was the only time I’d had a seasonal change take place right before me… :clown_face:

Harley, yes I recall that event too. Although this scene was an earlier outing for me and as I recall first usages by me with the 4x5. This was actually the south fork area of Bishop Creek… :cowboy_hat_face:

Paul, the mix of brightly colored trees and snow is quite striking. Your crop works well at balancing interest between the colorful and the snow covered.

1 Like