Tree of Birds

Fuji X-T2 100-400mm lens @ 115mm, f8, 1/800 iso 3200

Bosque del Apache on a cloudless day end of February, hence the small amount of ground fog (cold). The birds would sit for a spell, some would take off and swirl, then come back. After 20 minutes, they all left. My son and his family live in Socorro so I am a regular visitor to Bosque. Pretty much all the cranes and snow geese had left. I saw only one snow goose with just a coot for a friend.

A very nice scene, Craig. I love the light and the birds add a lot to the image.

The light can be quite nice there. I guess that is a poor tree without the birds and light.

A fine catch with the tree, it’s reflection, the mass of birds and the lovely colors. The long tails have me thinking that this is a flock of Grackles…such flocks “raid” my bird feeder in the spring making a fun racket as they empty things in a hurry.

I can feel the cold, the noise, and the atmosphere there. For me, that sense of feel as opposed to just intellectual recognition of a nice scene is what tells me I’m looking at an exceptional image. Well done!

Fabulous image Craig! Love the color gradient and of course a great nature story with the birds. And a great entry for the WC!

Beautiful color gradient in the sky, Craig. The birds are an additional wonderful element in the scene both in the tree and the sky.

I wish I knew my birds better. I’ll find out what they are the next time I’m over in Bosque.

From what I’ve seen there, I’d bet on Red-winged Blackbirds. There are large flocks that winter there. I’ve never seen Grackles.