Trees of Rock

Description: I was wading in the Marble Fork of the Kaweah River in Sequoia National Park looking for interesting rock patterns and saw the trees were shading the rocks and the tree patterns were fascinating to me. The fact that it made a nice V pattern made want to capture it.

Specific Feedback Requested: any and all especially if you feel the use of a CPL was a good choice? Is this enough of a High Key to qualify?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) Olympus omdem5markiii / Olympus f2.8 40-150 PRO/ f9/ 1/25sec ISO 640/ 56mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. @kenhebert5

Interesting shape the tree reflections have made in the water, Ken. Nicely seen!. It looks like a “high key” to me. I’ll be interested to see what other think.

I like the softness despite it being a pretty bold reflection. I think it’s the rocks underneath, that they’re not too dark. As to whether it’s high key? I don’t know. That concept is a bit loose IMO.

Quite interesting - high keyish. Wondering a long exp0sure would turn out ?

I like your creativity with the high key concept. I think it works well here. I wonder what it might look like to warm the image up a bit. I’m seeing a bit of green color cast.

Definitely fits my definition of high key, Ken. I’m enjoying the subtlity of the transition from sky reflection to tree reflections and the change of the visibility of the rocks through the water.